03 Apr Information Technology Services
The Client is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) with operations in Alexandria, Virginia. They focus on three key critical areas; financial management, human resources, and contract management. Their back office is founded on a DCAA-approved financial management system. Proprietary Enterprise Information Management (EIM) practice area frameworks and industry best practices including Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI-DEV) Level 3 software delivery methodologies and the Information Technology Infrastructure Library v3 (ITIL v3), enable the Client with the institutional knowledge necessary to execute projects on time, within budget, and with quality.
- The Client’s website of client was developed in Drupal 6, that reached the end of life on February 24th 2016
- The Client was not able to update the core Drupal system, resulting in security vulnerabilities and risks.
- The website was not mobile friendly and the key challenges were to upgrade the website with the latest software releases and make the website responsive to mobile and small form-factor devices, while keeping the initial user interface intact.
The iQuasar Solution
- iQuasar software team redeveloped the website using the latest Drupal 8 version.
- The development team used bootstrap framework to make the website and its user interface responsive to different screen sizes.
- The development team’s work was done with the fundamental goal of keeping the initial user interface intact while upgrading the software and making the website responsive.
How our solution created value for the Client:
As a result of our engagement, the client realized the following benefits:
- With core Drupal 8 upgrade, the vulnerabilities and security risks to the Client website as a result of the outdated software are now mitigated.
- Client has a responsive website which render smoothly on mobile and small form factor devices, increasing customer and prospect engagement with the Client’s website
- The returning customers and leads did not notice any changes as a result of the technology upgrades.